Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Day in the Life of...

a Biker:  Wake up at 6am. Pack up. Breakfast once everyone has their things packed and by the trailer. Clean up the host site, leaving it cleaner than we found it. Group meeting to go over route and lunch stop.  Take off and be at the host by 4pm.  This means we have all day to do what you want and see what you want.  Just be sure to stop at lunch, check in at minimium, chow down is recommended.  Like today, we stopped for an hour at an Iris Festival then again at a dollar store to restock sunscreen supplies.  By the time we left the festival, which was in our host town, the fast group had almost arrived to the lunch stop 25 miles ahead.  Everyone is spaced out in their own groups.  I am in a turtle group or with the sweeps.  I'm renaming the sweeps to Sierra & Sweeps. I don't mind. Then once we're at the host, we shower, lay out our bedding, eat, see the town, sleep, swim, stretch, etc. It's quite the life... :)

a Builder:  Same morning process.  Arrive at build site around 8am. Do work. Done around 4pm.

I would like to point out I'm work my butt off in honor of each dollar given for each mile.  A big thank you and shout out to those who have sponsored the trip so far: 
23- George Vinyard kicked off the trip with a donation in honor of his wife Jenny.
24- Happy Birthday to Brenda Main Booth!
26- Randi Cowell, Stephanie Myers, Tim & Pat Sullivan
27, 28, 29 - Northland's 100th Commencement!! Congratulations to all my friends who graduated today!! Thank you to Benjamin Hughey & Intefada Wardia (Today's graduates) for donating!

In Columbia, SC now. Mild hills, sticky bodies, and flat tires sum the day up. Check out http://bikeandbuild.org/cms/ to keep tabs on all the trips, click the SC2SC route to follow ours and read a daily update. I'll check in (with shorter blogs now that you have the general idea of what we're doing). Questions? Feel free to comment and I'll answer next time I'm on! Thanks for checking in! I appreciate the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment